Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning (EU) 2019/1768 av 23. oktober 2019 om endring av vedlegg I til gjennomføringsbeslutning 2006/168/EF med hensyn til oppføringen av Storbritannia og Nord-Irland og visse av dets kronbesittelser i listen over tredjeland eller deler disse som er godkjent med hensyn til innførsel av storfeembryo til Den europeiske union
Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/1768 of 23 October 2019 amending Annex I to Decision 2006/168/EC as regards the inclusion of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and certain of its Crown Dependencies in the list of third countries authorised for the introduction into the European Union of bovine embryos
Kommisjonsbeslutning publisert i EU-tidende 24.10.2019
Red. anm.: Anvendes i EØS-avtalen ved forenklet prosedyre uten vedtak i EØS-komiteen.
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) On 29 March 2017, the United Kingdom submitted the notification of its intention to withdraw from the Union pursuant to Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU). On 11 April 2019, the European Council adopted Decision (EU) 2019/584 extending the period under Article 50(3) TEU in agreement with the United Kingdom. In accordance with that Decision, the period provided for in Article 50(3) TEU has been further extended until 31 October 2019. Union law will therefore cease to apply to and in the United Kingdom from 1 November 2019 (“the withdrawal date”).
(2) Commission Decision 2006/168/EC sets out in its Annex I a list of third countries from which Member States are to authorise imports of bovine embryos.
(3) The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has provided the necessary guarantees for that country and certain of its Crown Dependencies to comply with the conditions laid down in Decision 2006/168/EC for the introduction into the Union of consignments of bovine embryos from the withdrawal date by continuing to comply with Union legislation for an initial period of at least nine months.
(4) Therefore, taking into account these specific guarantees provided by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and in order to avoid any unnecessary disruption to trade after the withdrawal date, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and certain of its Crown Dependencies should be included in the list of third countries set out in Annex I to Decision 2006/168/EC authorised for the introduction into the Union of consignments of bovine embryos.
(5) Annex I to Decision 2006/168/EC should therefore be amended accordingly.
(6) This Decision should apply from 1 November 2019, unless Union law continues to apply to and in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on that date.
(7) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
|EU-vedtak (CELEX-nr): viser også om rettsakten er i kraft|
|Rettsakt på EU-språk|
Landbruks- og matdepartementet