(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om endring av europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EU) 2018/858 med hensyn til administrative krav til godkjenning og markedsovervåking av motorvogner og deres tilhengere, og av systemer, deler og tekniske enheter til slike motorvogner
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/858 of the European Parliament and the Council with regards to the administrative requirements for the approval and market surveillance of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 6.2.2020
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) In the interest of clarity, predictability and simplification of the documents used for type-approval of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles these documents should standardised to reduce the burden on vehicle manufacturers, based on existing practice.
(2) In order to increase transparency and to ensure that the required type-approval information is consistently presented, the templates for type-approval certificates should be laid down.
(3) In order to ensure a harmonised presentation of the document issued by manufacturers to certify that a produced vehicle conforms to the approved type, templates for certificates of conformity should be established. In the interests of clarity, the date of manufacture of the vehicle should be added to the certificate of conformity.
(4) In order to clearly identify the legal acts that apply to the vehicles, systems, components or separate technical units a harmonised numbering system for type-approval certificates should be established.
(5) The presentation of the most relevant information in the test reports should be harmonised. It is therefore necessary to establish a minimum set of requirements for the format of the test reports.
(6) In order to better identify the results of the tests carried out on the approved vehicle type, a harmonised test result sheet containing a minimum set of information, should be established.
(7) In order to allow manufacturers to receive a type-approval or to place on the market new vehicles in accordance with the third paragraph of Article 91 of Regulation (EU) 2018/858, this Regulation should be applicable as of 5 July 2020.
(8) The empowerments contained in Articles 24(4), 28(3), 30(3), 36(4), 38(3), 41(4), 42(5), 44(5) and 45(7) of Regulation (EU) 2018/858 aim at the introduction of harmonised templates, models and formats necessary for the approval of motor vehicles and their trailers, and of systems, components and separate technical units intended for such vehicles, and for placing them on the market. As those empowerments are closely linked by their subject matter, they should be bundled in this Regulation.
(9) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Technical Committee – Motor Vehicles (TCMV) [referred to in Article 83 of Regulation (EU) 2018/858]