Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning (EU) 2021/519 av 24. mars 2021 om endring av gjennomføringsforordning (EU) 2015/1375 med hensyn til trikinundersøkelser av enhovede dyr og Det forente kongerikes unntak fra trikinundersøkelser av tamsvin
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2021/519 of 24 March 2021 amending Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 as regards testing for Trichinella in solipeds and the derogation of the United Kingdom from testing for Trichinella in domestic swine
EØS/EFTA-landenes utkast til EØS-komitebeslutning oversendt til EUs utenrikstjeneste (EEAS) 9.6.2021
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EU) 2017/625 lays down rules for the performance of official controls and for action to be taken by the competent authorities in relation to the production of products of animal origin intended for human consumption.
(2) Trichinella is a parasite which may be present in the meat of susceptible species, such as pigs and horses, and causes food-borne illness in humans when infected meat is consumed. Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 lays down specific rules on official controls for Trichinella in meat, including conditions for derogating from Trichinella testing at entry of meat of domestic swine into the Union.
(3) On 6 June 2013, the European Food Safety Authority adopted a scientific opinion on the human health hazards to be covered by the inspection of meat (solipeds) . That opinion recommends the control of Trichinella in all solipeds (not only horses but also asses and mules) as a high priority. Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/627 therefore lays down the mandatory testing of Trichinella in the carcasses of all solipeds. Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 lays down the mandatory testing of horses and other susceptible species. For reasons of consistency and to avoid any ambiguity, Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 should also refer to solipeds instead of horses.
(4) Commission Regulation (EU) No 206/2010 authorises the entry into the Union of meat of domestic swine from the United Kingdom. That Regulation lists the United Kingdom as applying a derogation from Trichinella testing of carcasses and meat of not weaned domestic swine less than five weeks of age in accordance with Article 3(2) of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375.
(5) Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2020/692 repeals Regulation (EU) No 206/2010 with effect from 21 April 2021. In view of that repeal, Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1478 adds Annex VII to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 with effect from 21 April 2021, which lists the third countries applying a derogation from Trichinella testing referred to in Article 13(2) of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375.
(6) On 12 January 2021, the United Kingdom provided information that historical data on continuous testing carried out on slaughtered domestic swine population provide at least 95 % confidence that the prevalence of Trichinella does not exceed one per million in that population in accordance with Article 3(3)(b) of Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375. Furthermore, the United Kingdom informed the Commission of its intention to apply the derogation from Trichinella testing of carcasses and meat of domestic swine where the animals come from a holding officially recognised as applying controlled housing conditions in accordance with Annex IV to that Implementing Regulation.
(7) Therefore, the United Kingdom should be listed in Annex VII to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375, without prejudice to the application of Union law to and in the United Kingdom in respect of Northern Ireland in accordance with Article 5(4) of the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland to the Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community in conjunction with Annex 2 to that Protocol.
(8) Annex VII to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 should be amended in order to reflect the application of the derogations provided for in Article 3(2) and (3) of that Implementing Regulation by the United Kingdom.
(9) Therefore, Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 should be amended accordingly.
(10) Since Regulation (EU) No 206/2010 is repealed with effect from 21 April 2021 and Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1478 adds Annex VII to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1375 with effect from that date, the listing of the United Kingdom in that Annex should apply from the same date.
(11) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
|EU-vedtak (CELEX-nr): viser også om rettsakten er i kraft|
|Rettsakt på EU-språk|
|Anvendelsesdato i EU||
|Utkast til EØS-komitevedtak oversendt EU||
Landbruks- og matdepartementet