(Under forberedelse) Kommisjonsbeslutning om det sektorvise referansedokumentet om beste miljøstyringspraksis, indikatorer for miljøprestasjon og referanseverdier for beste kvalitet for sektoren fabrikert produksjon av metallprodukter i henhold til europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EF) nr. 1221/2009 om frivillig deltakelse for organisasjoner i en fellesskapsordning for miljøstyring og miljørevisjon (EMAS)
(In preparation) Commission Decision on the sectoral reference document on best environmental management practices, environmental performance indicators and benchmarks of excellence for the fabricated metal products manufacturing sector for the purposes of Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council
Utkast til beslutning lagt fram av Kommisjonen 15.1.2021 med tilbakemeldingsfrist 12.1.2021
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsutkastet, engelsk utgave)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 obliges the Commission to develop sectoral reference documents for specific economic sectors. The documents must include best environmental management practices, environmental performance indicators and, where appropriate, benchmarks of excellence and rating systems identifying environmental performance levels. Organisations registered or preparing to become registered under the eco-management and audit scheme established by Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 are required to take the sectoral reference documents into account when developing their environmental management system and when assessing their environmental performance in their environmental statement, or updated environmental statement, prepared in accordance with Annex IV to that Regulation.
(2) Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 required the Commission to establish a working plan setting out an indicative list of sectors to be considered priority sectors for the adoption of sectoral and cross-sectoral reference documents. The Commission has, in that working plan, identified the fabricated metal products manufacturing sector as a priority sector.
(3) The sectoral reference document should identify, by way of best environmental management practices for that sector, concrete actions to improve the overall environmental management of companies in the sector in three main areas, which cover, from the perspective of the manufacturers, the main environmental aspects of the fabricated metal products manufacturing companies. Those main areas are cross cutting issues, optimisation of utilities and manufacturing processes. Specific environmental performance indicators and benchmarks of excellence for a particular best environmental management practice should also be given whenever possible and meaningful.
(4) In order to allow organisations in the fabricated metal products manufacturing sector, environmental verifiers, national authorities, accreditation and licensing bodies and other operators sufficient time to prepare for introduction of the sectoral reference document for the fabricated metal products manufacturing sector, the date of application of this Decision should be deferred.
(5) In developing the sectoral reference document, the Commission has consulted with Member States and other stakeholders in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009.
(6) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Committee established by Article 49 of Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009
Klima- og miljødepartementet