(Under forberedelse) Kommisjonsbeslutning om det sektorvise referansedokumentet om beste miljøstyringspraksis, indikatorer for miljøprestasjon og referanseverdier for beste kvalitet for IKT-tjenestesektoren i henhold til europaparlaments- og rådsforordning (EF) nr. 1221/2009 om frivillig deltakelse for organisasjoner i en fellesskapsordning for miljøstyring og miljørevisjon (EMAS)
(In preparation) Commission Decision on the sectoral reference document on best environmental management practices, environmental performance indicators and benchmarks of excellence for the telecommunications and information and communication technologies (ICT) services sector for the purposes of Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council
Utkast til beslutning lagt fram av Kommisjonen 15.1.2021 med tilbakemeldingsfrist 12.1.2021
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsutkastet, engelsk versjon)
(1) Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 obliges the Commission to develop sectoral reference documents for specific economic sectors. The documents must include best environmental management practices, environmental performance indicators and, where appropriate, benchmarks of excellence and rating systems identifying environmental performance levels. Organisations registered, or preparing to become registered, under the eco-management and audit scheme established by Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 are required to take the sectoral reference documents into account when developing their environmental management system and when assessing their environmental performance in their environmental statement, or updated environmental statement, prepared in accordance with Annex IV to that Regulation.
(2) Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009 required the Commission to establish a working plan setting out an indicative list of sectors to be considered priority sectors for the adoption of sectoral and cross-sectoral reference documents. The Commission has, in that working plan, identified the telecommunications and information and communication technologies (ICT) services sector as a priority sector.
(3) The sectoral reference document for the telecommunications and ICT services sector should set out best environmental management practices for all telecommunications and ICT services providers, including telecommunication operators, ICT consultancy firms, data processing and hosting companies, software developers and publishers, broadcasters and installers of ICT equipment and sites. Specific environmental performance indicators and benchmarks of excellence for a particular best environmental management practice should also be given whenever possible and meaningful.
(4) By way of these best environmental management practices for that sector, concrete actions to improve the overall environmental management of companies should be identified in four main areas. Those main areas, which are considered to best support the efforts of all telecommunications and ICT services providers, are cross cutting issues, data centres, electronic communication networks, and improving the energy and environmental performance in other sectors
(5) In order to allow organisations in the telecommunications and ICT services sector, environmental verifiers, national authorities, accreditation and licensing bodies and other operators sufficient time to prepare for the introduction of the sectoral reference document for the telecommunications and ICT services sector, the date of application of this Decision should be deferred.
(6) In developing the sectoral reference document, the Commission has consulted with Member States and other stakeholders in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009.
(7) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Committee established by Article 49 of Regulation (EC) No 1221/2009,
Klima- og miljødepartementet