(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning om endring av gjennomføringsbeslutning 2013/764/EU om dyrehelsemessige tiltak for bekjempelse av klassisk svinepest i visse medlemsland
(Draft) Commission Implementing Decision amending Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU concerning animal health control measures relating to classical swine fever in certain Member States
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 19.10.2019
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU lays down animal health control measures in relation to classical swine fever in certain Member States. Those measures include prohibitions on the dispatch of consignments of domestic pigs and pig products from certain areas. The animal health control measures laid down in that Implementing Decision apply in parallel to those laid down in Council Directive 2001/89/EC and are intended to combat the spread of classical swine fever particularly at Union level.
(2) Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU also provides for derogations from the prohibition on the dispatch of live pigs from certain areas, subject to compliance with a number of conditions.
(3) The period of application of the measures provided for in Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU should take account of the epidemiology of classical swine fever and also of the efficacy of the animal health measures applied by the Member States listed in the Annex to Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU with Union legislation. Therefore, given the current epidemiological situation in the Union and in neighbouring third countries and the efforts required to combat that disease, while at the same time not imposing unnecessary restrictions on trade, the period of application of Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU should be extended.
(4) As it is important to have continuity of measures against classical swine fever at Union level in light of the current epidemic of that disease, the extension of the period of application of Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU should take into account that Regulation (EU) 2016/429 of the European Parliament and of the Council3, which provides for safeguard measures in the event of animal diseases, applies from 21 April 2021.
(5) In addition, taking into account the effectiveness of the overall measures applied in Croatia in accordance with Directive 2001/89/EC, the surveillance and the measures in place as presented to the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed, all areas in Croatia currently listed in the Annex to Implementing Decision 2013/764/EU, should now be delisted from that Annex, in view of the favourable epidemiological situation of the disease in that Member State.
(6) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed.
Landbruks- og matdepartementet