Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning (EU) 2019/1772 av 23. oktober 2019 om endring av vedlegg II til vedtak 2007/777/EF med hensyn til inkludering av Det forente konkeriket Storbritannia og Nord-Irland og visse av dets kronbesittelser i listen over tredjeland eller deler av disse, hvorfra det er tillatt å innføre forsendelser av visse kjøttprodukter og behandlede mager, blærer og tarmer til konsum til Unionen
Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/1772 of 23 October 2019 amending Annex II to Decision 2007/777/EC as regards the inclusion of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Crown Dependencies in the list of third countries or parts thereof authorised for the introduction into the Union of consignments of certain meat products and treated stomachs, bladders and intestines for human consumptionplementing Decision
Kommisjonsbeslutning publisert i EU-tidende 24.10.2019
Red. anm.: Anvendes i EØS-avtalen ved forenklet prosedyre uten vedtak i EØS-komiteen.
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) On 29 March 2017, the United Kingdom submitted the notification of its intention to withdraw from the Union pursuant to Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union (TEU). On 11 April 2019, the European Council adopted Decision (EU) 2019/584 extending the period under Article 50(3) TEU in agreement with the United Kingdom. In accordance with that Decision, the period provided for in Article 50(3) TEU has been further extended until 31 October 2019. Union law will therefore cease to apply to and in the United Kingdom from 1 November 2019 (“the withdrawal date”).
(2) Commission Decision 2007/777/EC lays down, inter alia, the conditions for the introduction into the Union of consignments of certain meat products and of treated stomachs, bladders and intestines which have undergone one of the treatments laid down in Part 4 of Annex II thereto (‘the commodities’), including a list of third countries or parts thereof from which the introduction into the Union of the commodities is authorised.
(3) Part 2 of Annex II to Decision 2007/777/EC sets out the list of third countries or parts thereof which are authorised for the introduction into the Union of the commodities, provided that they have undergone the relevant treatment referred to in that Part of Annex II. Those treatments are aimed at eliminating certain animal health risks linked to the specific commodities. Part 4 of that Annex sets out a non-specific treatment ‘A’ and specific treatments ‘B’ to ‘F’ listed in descending order of severity of the animal health risk linked to the specific commodity.
(4) The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland has provided the necessary guarantees for that country and for its Crown Dependencies for certain commodities to comply with the conditions laid down in Decision 2007/777/EC for the introduction into the Union of consignments of commodities for human consumption with treatment "A" from the withdrawal date by continuing to comply with Union legislation for an initial period of at least nine months.
(5) Therefore, taking into account these specific guarantees provided by the United Kingdom, of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and in order to avoid any unnecessary disruption to trade after the withdrawal date, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Crown Dependencies, should be included in the list of third countries and parts thereof set out in Part 2 of Annex II to Decision 2007/777/EC authorised for the introduction into the Union of consignments of the commodities.
(6) Annex II to Decision 2007/777/EC should therefore be amended accordingly.
(7) This Decision should apply from 1 November 2019, unless Union law continues to apply to and in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on that date.
(8) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed
|EU-vedtak (CELEX-nr): viser også om rettsakten er i kraft|
|Rettsakt på EU-språk|
|Utkast til EØS-komitevedtak oversendt EU||
Landbruks- og matdepartementet