(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsforordning om endring av vedlegg I til forordning (EF) nr. 798/2008 med hensyn til opplysningene om Ukraina på listen over tredjestater, territorier, soner eller segmenter hvorfra fjørfe og fjørfeprodukter kan importeres til og transitteres gjennom Fellesskapet i forbindelse med høypatogen aviær influensa
(Draft) Commission Implementing Regulation amending Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 798/2008 as regards the entry for Ukraine in the list of third countries, territories, zones or compartments from which certain poultry commodities may be imported into and transit through the Union in relation to highly pathogenic avian influenza
Utkast til kommisjonsforordning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 27.11.2019
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsforordningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Commission Regulation (EC) No 798/2008 lays down veterinary certification requirements for imports into and transit, including storage during transit, through the Union of poultry and poultry products (ʽthe commoditiesʼ). It provides that the commodities are only to be imported into and transit through the Union from the third countries, territories, zones or compartments listed in columns 1 and 3 of the table in Part 1 of Annex I thereto.
(2) Regulation (EC) No 798/2008 also lays down the conditions for a third country, territory, zone or compartment to be considered as free from highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI).
(3) Ukraine is listed in Part 1 of Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 798/2008 as a third country from which imports into and transit through the Union of certain poultry commodities are authorised from certain parts of its territory depending on the presence of HPAI. That regionalisation was set out in Part 1 of Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 798/2008, as amended by Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2017/193, following the confirmation of outbreaks of HPAI of subtype H5N8 on 30 November 2016 and 4 January 2017.
(4) Since January 2017, no further outbreaks of HPAI have been confirmed in Ukraine. In addition, Ukraine has now submitted updated information on the epidemiological situation on its territory and the measures it has taken to prevent the further spread of HPAI. Ukraine has also reported the completion of cleaning and disinfection measures following the stamping out policy on the areas where the outbreaks of HPAI were detected.
(5) On the basis of the evaluation of the information provided by Ukraine, it is appropriate to indicate the date as of when the affected areas of Ukraine may, in accordance with Article 9 of Regulation (EC) No 798/2008, be considered free from HPAI and therefore those areas should be authorised for the imports into and transit through the Union of certain poultry commodities.
(6) Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 798/2008 should therefore be amended accordingly.
(7) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed,
Landbruks- og matdepartementet