(Utkast) Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning om fastsettelse av et felles format for framlegging av opplysninger i henhold til europaparlaments- og rådsdirektiv 2010/63/EU om vern av dyr som brukes til vitenskapelige formål, og om oppheving av Kommisjonens gjennomføringsbeslutning 2012/707/EU
(Draft) Commission Implementing Decision establishing a common format and information content for the submission of the information to be reported by Member States pursuant to Directive 2010/63/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes and repealing Commission Implementing Decision 2012/707/EU
Utkast til kommisjonsbeslutning godkjent av komite (representanter for medlemslandene) og publisert i EUs komitologiregister 26.3.2020
BAKGRUNN (fra kommisjonsbeslutningen, engelsk utgave)
(1) Following the amendments provided for in Regulation (EU) 2019/1010 of the European Parliament and of the Council , Directive 2010/63/EU now requires Member States to submit non-technical project summaries of authorised projects, and any updates thereto, by electronic transfer to the Commission. In order to enable the Commission to establish and maintain a central database for those summaries and updates and to ensure that meaningful searches can be carried out on that data, a uniform presentation of those summaries and updates is needed. Therefore, templates should be established for submitting the non-technical project summaries, and any updates thereto, and Member States should be required to upload such summaries and updates to the database established by the Commission.
(2) Directive 2010/63/EU also requires Member States to submit information on the implementation of that Directive, as well as statistical information on the use of animals in procedures, by electronic transfer to the Commission.
(3) On the basis of the information submitted by the Member States on the implementation of Directive 2010/63/EU, the Commission services are to publish and regularly update a Union overview. Directive 2010/63/EU also requires the Commission services to make the statistical data submitted by the Member States and a summary report thereof publicly available on an annual basis. To enable the Commission to satisfy both of those requirements, the content of that information should be established by laying down information categories.
(4) As regards information on implementation, the information categories to be reported on should correlate with the relevant requirements of Directive 2010/63/EU. As regards statistical information, it is necessary to specify the statistical data input categories available in the searchable, open access database established by the Commission pursuant to Directive 2010/63/EU.
(5) In order to improve transparency and to reduce the administrative burden, Member States should be required to use the database established by the Commission for the purposes of submitting the information on the implementation of Directive 2010/63/EU as well as the statistical information on the use of animals in procedures.
(6) The content and format of the detailed information to be submitted by Member States on the methods considered to be at least as humane as those contained in Annex IV to Directive 2010/63/EU should be specified in a way that allows the list of methods for the killing of animals contained in that Annex to be kept up to date. Therefore, it is appropriate to lay down a template allowing for the submission of information on the type of method, the species concerned and the justification for granting an exemption, and to require Member States to use that template.
(7) The empowerments on which this Decision is based are closely linked as they both deal with the reporting of information by Member States under Directive 2010/63/EU. Given this substantive link, and to ensure a consistent and coherent approach, it is appropriate to adopt a single Decision establishing all requirements falling within the scope of those empowerments. It is therefore necessary to replace Commission Implementing Decision 2012/707/EU , in which the common format for the submission of the information referred to in Article 54 of Directive 2010/63/EU is laid down, by a new Implementing Decision based on both Article 43(4) and Article 54(4) of Directive 2010/63/EU. Implementing Decision 2012/707/EU should therefore be repealed.
(8) The measures provided for in this Decision are in accordance with the opinion of the Animals in Science Committee
Landbruks- og matdepartementet
Nærings- og fiskeridepartementet